As a MongoDB user, you’re part of the fastest-growing database community.
What you may be missing, however, is the expertise to grow your MongoDB usage, both in terms of scaling your apps and finding new areas to apply MongoDB. MongoDB World is the largest gathering of technology leaders in the MongoDB community, giving you access to people who can help ensure your success with MongoDB.
Here are the top five reasons you should attend MongoDB World:
- Learn new skills. With over 80 in-depth sessions, you’ll walk away with everything you need to know to build and manage modern applications.
- Network with the community. Meet developers, administrators and executives like you who are building innovative applications. Discover new and better ways to use MongoDB.
- Meet the experts. Learn about data modeling, indexing, scaling and more from the engineers that built MongoDB.
- Discover the ecosystem. MongoDB’s network of technology, cloud, and services partners will show you how to make MongoDB even more powerful and productive.
- Have fun. After hours you can geek out in a birds of a feather session, attend a rockin’ after party, or hack with conference attendees.
Why MongoDB World Matters
The 1980s were great. Duran Duran. 8-track cassettes. Atari game consoles. But it’s hard to build innovative applications in 2014 with a 1980s era relational database.
So why do people keep trying?
MongoDB empowers engineers around the globe to build and run modern, data-driven applications. These applications are transforming businesses and our daily lives, enabling enterprises to actualize trends like Big Data and the Internet of Things, and attain serious scale and business agility. For example:
- Bosch is connecting billions of physical assets and devices with MongoDB
- Mailbox reimagined the mobile inbox and scaled to over 1M users in 6 weeks
- Forbes transformed itself from a 20th century publisher into a 21st century SaaS company
- AHL replaced traditional technologies with MongoDB to create one platform for all financial data
- The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs is building a database-as-a-service with MongoDB, simultaneously decreasing cost while improving data security and collaboration
You can hear from these MongoDB users and more at MongoDB World.
What to Expect
We have a packed schedule for MongoDB World. Here is what you can expect:
- 80 Sessions. Over the course of two days, attend over 80 breakout sessions from MongoDB engineers, large-scale production users and community leaders.
- Expo Hall. In the expo hall you’ll be introduced to MongoDB’s network of technology, cloud and services partners.
- Ask the Experts. Get your tough questions answered by a MongoDB engineer in these one-on-one sessions.
- Social Events. Network with members of the most vibrant community in big data at one of our post-session social events.
- Birds of a Feather. Meet with like-minded engineers to discuss topics that you are passionate about.
- Pre-conference Training. Get in-depth training leading up to the event. We’re offering advanced courses on data modeling and operations, as well as our fundamentals course.
- On-site certification. Become a MongoDB Certified developer or DBA! Take our certification course at MongoDB World.